If you have multiple kids, you know that siblings don’t always get along. It is normal but can be extremely frustrating. There are many causes for sibling fighting including sibling rivalry, personality clashes, different wants due to different ages or just plain ‘ol bad moods. How can we help our children get along better?
One key tip is to recognize and praise when they are getting along nicely. Give attention to the positive so they want to repeat it. An easy way to do this is with Kudo Banz. The wristbands are not only a helpful reminder to your kids to get along, but it is super fun for them to earn Kudos for their band. Here are a few suggested ways they can earn Kudos for keeping the sibling peace.
KUDO STEP SUGGESTIONS:
- Asks nicely for something from sibling (as opposed to grabbing or yelling)
- Shares something with sibling (toy, book, remote control
- Uses kind words to express frustration (as opposed to hitting)
- Allows sibling to pick what they do (game, movie, sport, food)
- Figures out a fair solution to a sibling problem
- Does something kind for a sibling without being asked
- Shows empathy for sibling when he/she is hurt or sad
Kudo Banz Behavior Milestones:
Kudo Banz is like an on-the-go chore chart. Positive reinforcement reinvented to meet the needs of today’s millennial families. As kids grow, they are constantly learning new behaviors. Reaching these milestones in a positive manner is where Kudo Banz comes in! We are here to help start and end behavior in a fun and positive way. Sticker charts or chore charts are often stuck at home, Kudo Banz is always there when you need it since it is right there on your child’s wrist (keeping them motivated to reach their incentive goal).
Finally, a behavior chart that works for your family and makes raising good kids easy and fun. Say goodbye to yelling and tantrums. Kudo Banz makes positive parenting simple.