Children whining is like nails on a chalkboard. It can drive you nutty 🙂 It is hard to keep your cool and stand your ground. However, giving into whining will only encourage kids to do it more; a never-ending whining circle. So what can parents do?
One of the biggest ways to help is to give your children kudos when they don’t whine. Kids are more likely to repeat good behavior if it is noticed and praised. Kudo Banz is an easy way to do this. Give them a Kudo for their band when they hold back the whining. Kudo Banz is right there on their wrist so it is easy to keep good behavior top of mind. Here are a few suggested ways they can earn Kudos for not whining.
KUDO STEP SUGGESTIONS:
- Stops whining after 1 reminder (“This behavior is not acceptable, please stop so we can talk.”)
- Uses words to express how they are feeling
- Controls whining when asked to transition (e.g. eat dinner, get ready for bed, leave playdate/party)
- Accepts changes to a “plan” (esp if it has a negative impact on something the child was looking forward to)
- Controls whining when something goes wrong (e.g. toy breaks, homework hard)
- Accepts “no” without whining (e.g. no dessert, no toy from store, can’t stay up late)
Kudo Banz Behavior Milestones:
Kudo Banz is like an on-the-go chore chart. Positive reinforcement reinvented to meet the needs of today’s millennial families. As kids grow, they are constantly learning new behaviors. Reaching these milestones in a positive manner is where Kudo Banz comes in! We are here to help start and end behavior in a fun and positive way. Sticker charts or chore charts are often stuck at home, Kudo Banz is always there when you need it since it is right there on your child’s wrist (keeping them motivated to reach their incentive goal).
Finally, a behavior chart that works for your family and makes raising good kids easy and fun. Say goodbye to yelling and tantrums. Kudo Banz makes positive parenting simple.